“A Summer Camp to Remember”Although the summer has come to an end the memories of this summer's events will most certainly last us throughout the year. This summer was one to put in the record books! Over 225 children ages six to fifteen year olds attended the action-packed ten week program. They were all kept quite busy with a variety of activities ranging from arts and crafts projects to field trips at various exciting destinations: ZooVille, Xtreme Fun Center, Gator Fred's, Ray's Baseball games and more!
"Greatest Summer Program I've ever been involved with." - PAL ParentThe active police officers on our staff give educational and awareness classes such as “Stranger Danger", "911 Safety" and "Internet Safety". The children not only learn of the dangers that surround them on a daily basis, but they also learn to associate positive perspectives with police officers and how to interact with them as well. The children even feel a great sense of protection knowing that we are staffed with some of Tampa's finest.
"Please continue to have this program every summer. My kids had a great one thanks to PAL." - PAL ParentThrough a team effort of the PAL Administrative Staff, City of Tampa Police Department and volunteers we were able to go above and beyond to give our absolute best to the PAL Summer Camp Kids and making this program “successful, safe and unique” compared to any other summer camp in the area!
Summer Program Details Registration opens on Friday April 8th at 10:30am
"I am so glad that PAL is here, I don't know what I would have done without it. Thank you." - PAL Parent
- There is a processing fee of $30.00 per family. The cost is $1,200.00 for the summer but if you pay upfront the cost is only $1000.00.
- The Police Athletic League provides summer care for Children ages 6-15 year olds, note 6 year olds must have completed Kindergarten.
- It is one price for the entire summer. That price includes; field trips, t-shirts, lunches, afternoon snacks and a 10 ½ hour day five days a week for 7 1/2 weeks.
- Starts June 14th 2016 Ends August 5th 2016.
- PAL’s hours of operation during the summer are Monday- Friday 7:30 AM to 6:00 PM.
- Summer care is supervised by a Combination of Tampa Police Officers and Licensed Child Care Providers.
- The children are placed into groups based on their age and all activities are designed for that particular age group.
“All of the coaches are the best and know how to deal with children very well!” “PAL has helped my boys stay active during the summer and has helped them learn sportsmanship." “My child never wants to leave!“ "I think PAL is a full program with nice choices and good organization.”
Kids Say The Funniest Things
"Coach...I got bit by a tadpole!" "When I turn 21 I'm going to work here and drive the white bus!" "I wish PAL was open on Saturday's and Sunday's." "Coach, can I have a dollar for the snack bar? I know PAL pays you a LOT of money!"